Dress for Success Indianapolis (DFSI) is a non-profit agency providing professional clothing, confidence boosts, and career development to women striving for self-sufficiency. Through the Suits for Success (SFS)program, women receive a complete interview suit, personal service, and the opportunity to return for a second outfit once employment is obtained. DFSI also offers post-employment support through the Professional Women’s Group (PWG) – a networking and development program for women who are now working. Career development services for underemployed and unemployed women are provided through the Career Development Center (CDC). Since 2000, more than 18,00 women in Indianapolis have been served. Indianapolis is one of over 150 Dress for Success affiliates worldwide. The office and boutique are located in downtown Indianapolis.
The Administrative Manager supports the general operations of Dress for Success Indianapolis as well as its programs, agency relations, fundraising, and marketing efforts. This position is ideal for an individual who is personable, organized, professional, and enjoys variety in her/his career. This is a full-time, exempt, 40-hour per week position that reports to the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Suits for Success/Volunteers/Agency Relations
• Connect with self-referral clients to schedule their appointments and, if necessary, complete intake
process prior to meeting with Success Coach or Program Management staff.
• Entering accurate data regarding clients scheduled, served, and outcomes of those visits
• Assist with client data analysis by pulling Salesforce reports
• Provide referral agency agreement information and maintain current referral agency list,
communicate monthly with referring partners regarding upcoming events
• Supervises administrative/front desk volunteers by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and scheduling
• Track all incoming volunteers (through Salesforce and eTapestry) send out all orientation
invitations through Constant Contact, and maintain accurate and updated volunteer records
General Administration/Office Management
• Provide a high level of service to all constituencies by answering the phone, answering basic
program and donation related questions and directing calls as needed
• Maintain donor records in Salesforce by collecting donation information from iATS, Stripe and
various donation portals with the ability to run weekly reports to submit to Controller
• Prepare donor acknowledgment letters and maintain physical donation records
• Process and document all bank deposits according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
• Serve as contact for all building maintenance issues and technology ticket requests
• Maintain facility usage calendars
• Partner with Executive Director on maintaining accurate Board Member data and information as
well as annual pledges
• Ordering and maintaining office supplies
• Salesforce Administration:
o Grant access to staff members
o Create report types
o Keep data updated and clean
o Prepare and participate in Salesforce’s Coding 4 Kindness event 2-3 times per year.
Stepping Out In Style and Other Fundraising Events
• Track all incoming sponsorships, tables, and tickets surrounding the event
• Communicate with sponsors, co-chairs, controller, Associate Director and Executive Director to
ensure all aspects are accurate and updated
• Maintain accurate financial data, payments, and balances
• Prepare and create all communication documents and invoices for sponsors
• Partner with Stepping Out In Style Committee Members and Executive Director to maintain
accurate sponsorship records
• Submit reporting information to Executive Director as requested
• Keep track of attendees for events
• Prepare registration for all events and check in all guests
• Process all post-event financial transactions, create donor acknowledgment letters, and contact all
individuals and businesses with declined or unpaid invoices
• Be a positive and enthusiastic representative of and advocate for Dress for Success Indianapolis.
• Project a professional and positive personal image.
• Perform additional tasks as requested.
• Take initiative on ways to improve/streamline processes
• Ensure the highest level of customer service is provided to all volunteers, donors, and clients.
• Associates Degree or higher preferred, or a minimum of five years of work experience
• Customer service experience and administrative experience
• High organization and prioritization skills
• Welcoming personality in-person and on telephone
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Ability to work with diverse groups of people
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and fundraising software (Salesforce preferred)
• HIGH LEVEL OF PASSION AND COMMITMENT TO THE DRESS FOR SUCCESS MISSION
Visual: Required to view and/or prepare reports and other written or computer-generated
Oral: Required for heavy communications by telephone and one-on-one conversations
Hearing: Required for heavy communications by telephone and one-on-one conversations
Dexterity: Required for heavy keyboard use and preparation of documents, reports, and presentations.
Other Physical: Requires sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
CLASSIFICATION & HOURS
• Full-time, salaried, non-exempt position
• Primarily Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:00; schedule may vary as needs of clients, volunteers and job
WAGE & BENEFITS
• 403b plan (immediately available for employee contributions; employer contributions after one
• Health insurance
• Paid sick, vacation and personal leave
• Free parking
Submit your resume to email@example.com
Additional information about Dress for Success Indianapolis can be obtained at: www.indydfs.org.